March 16, 2011

PURIM

Purim is coming up and this is one of our family's favorite holidays! 

This year, the girls are dressing up in kimonos and my son is dressing up in a silk outfit, with dragons on it.  The costumes were purchased by my in-laws who took a trip to China last year.  The costumes are very beautiful and the kids are excited to wear them. 

When I was telling the kids about the costumes, I stressed the fact that they were actually made in China.  My husband stepped in and said "Hon, we can find lots of things that were made in China, right here in the US!"   =)    I guess I should have stressed the fact that they were bought in China.

Below is a post from last year that explains the holiday.

I hope everyone is doing well -
Shayna

Our Beautiful and Messy Life: A Purim Celebration: "For those who are not sure what Purim is, here is a little about it: Purim (Hebrew: פורים) is a festival that commemorates the deliv..."

No comments:

Post a Comment