December 30, 2010

Bone Marrow Biopsy

I had my Bone Marrow Biopsy done in the hospital on Monday.  They did the biopsy guided by a CAT Scan machine and I was given very good drugs so I only felt mild discomfort.  I would advise anyone who needs a Bone Marrow Biopsy, to get the drugs.  Most Dr.'s will say the procedure can be done in office with a local injection but just say NO - TRUST ME!  For a few days after the biopsy, the injection site was sore and itchy but nothing some Tylenol couldn't handle.

One thing that really stuck with me was arriving at the hospital. 

I had to be there by 6 am and the biopsy was suppose to take place at 8 am.  The last time I had to arrive at the hospital that early was to have my son - the same exact hospital.  I remember how much excitement and how much happiness I felt going to give birth.  It's amazing how you can go into the same place that holds so many wonderful memories and now the only thing you feel is terrified and scared!

My parents are coming tomorrow morning to be with me and my husband, when we go to hear the results of all the tests on Tuesday.  (No matter how old you are, you still need your parents!)

I am worried, scared and praying for the best. 

- Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment