January 25, 2011

High Platelet Count - Again

I went back to the doctor today and my platelet count is back on the rise.  Last week it was about 740,000 and now it's around 850,000!  The doctor cannot explain why it's back up, the only thing he could say is that it may take a while to get the right level of medication.

The doctor has increased my daily dose of chemo (Hydroxyurea) from 2000mg to 2500mg, that's five 500mg pills per day.  I am also still taking one small baby aspirin and one Hemex (Iron) pill per day.  We shall see if this dose works but it make me very nervous to have to take such large amount of this drug!

I will go back to the doctors office again next week, for blood work and then I will see the doctor again in two weeks.  I will keep everyone posted.  Wish me luck, that the medication will work and my blood platelet numbers will start coming down.

I hope everyone is doing well.

- Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment