August 18, 2011

Update on Summer, Essential Thrombocythemia - E.T. and Meds

I am so sorry that I have not posted since July!  It has been a crazy summer to say the least.
All five kids stayed home this summer and I was the acting cruise director.  UGH!  The kids actually did pretty well.  They spent time with their grandparents and we went on a lot of day trips. 

Thank G-D for my oldest daughter who helped me a lot with the kids this summer!  I was able to do my work thanks to her help.  We did some special one on one things together when Dad was home.  She is really growing up into a beautiful young woman.

My hematologist/oncologist said that he wanted to give me a solid two months before he checked my blood again to determine whether we can start weening off the Hydroxyurea (HU).  I will be going to the Dr. next week and I will post an update.  (I am wondering if he wanted to wait for two months because he knew the kids were going to be home and I would bring them in with me?  Hummmmm LOL)  Meanwhile, the HU is still making me so tired.  Also, my teeth are starting to have a lot of problems.  I am wondering if this is a side effect of the meds?  I never really had any issues before my diagnosis with Essential Thrombocythemia.

I hope everyone out there is doing well and I will start posting regularly soon!  The kids go back to school on Monday!   =)

- Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment