March 14, 2010

She Huffed and She Puffed!

The other day my oldest daughter (the preteen) wanted to go to a weekend sleepover with one of her after school groups. The head of the program was going to take the girls where he lived and they were going to sleep over at various host houses of people who live near him, that are friends of his. They would all eat meals together, etc. but I guess his place wasn't large enough for them to all sleep over. Then Sunday morning they were all going to get in a bus and drive to Sea World.

My answer to my daughter was "NO!" I told her, "you cannot sleep over someone house that I have never met before." She replied with "but the head of the program knows them." I told her "if you let me go with you to chaperone the sleepover you can go." I offered to bring her to the bus location Sunday morning to go to Sea World with them. She said "No, I will look like a baby." I then had to go into my explanation that there are all kinds of crazy people in this world and you never know. Then the following happened...

SHE HAD THE BIGGEST FIT OF HER LIFE!!

She ran into her room and starting screaming that she hates us and she hates this family! She started huffing and puffing and blowing her room apart - throwing blankets, pillows, chairs, etc. This went on for about 2 hours, until she finally fell asleep.

The next day I told her that I feel really bad that she is so upset and that it hurts me more than it hurts her to see her sad! (Whoa - that was a sounding like my own parents moment) She looked at me and said "So does that mean I can go?" I told her "no you cannot go and you’re grounded from any play dates, the phone, etc. for a week for that fit in your room!"

She ran off to her room, huffed and puffed but thank G-D this time she didn't blow her room down.

I have a feeling this is only the beginning of a lot of answers she doesn't want to hear. Thankfully our house is not made out of straw or sticks, it's made of LOVE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment