November 5, 2010

Apology Note To My Marriage

My husband and I have been married for seven years.  I love him just as much as the day we got married.  Although I must admit that neither of us take care of our marriage like we should. 


A marriage should be taken care of like a newborn.  It should be fed, nurtured, paid lots of attention to, and most of all loved!  While, there is nothing seriously wrong with our marriage, it could use some attention, it has been neglected and we need to apologize!

The years go by and each year more and more stuff takes up the space that our marriage use to fill.  Instead of going on dates, we're making playdates for the kids.  Instead of deep and meaningful conversation over dinner, we chat with our kids about school, yell at them to eat their food and we remind them that our home is not a restaurant.  Instead of going to bed together, we do other things to unwind, i.e. play computer games or watch television.  I must admit, my husband, would probably run to bed with me every night if I was up to it but the truth is, while I love my husband with all my heart and soul - I am tired!  With five kids, I feel "all touched out" by the end of the day and it's not fair to him or our marriage.  I am sorry.

We both need to make the effort and remind our marriage that we have not forgotten about it.  They say when you have more than one child, you need to make an effort to give each one special one on one time and I agree.  But I am also coming to the realization that a marriage can be like a child.  We need to remember to give it one on one time and remind it that it's also very loved and special.

We're sorry and we're going to do better, starting right now.  I am logging off and going to wake my husband who has fallen asleep in the baby's room while he was putting him to bed.     =)

"Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing." - Goethe

- Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment