November 20, 2010

The Warmth of a Classroom

Today, I had to go into my kid's school to help out with the after school program.  While I was there I went to see my daughter in fifth grade.  Her teacher had the classroom set up so beautifully!  There were pics hanging from the ceiling, there was a paper chain going across the room and on each piece of chain was a nice note the kids wrote about each other, etc.  The minute I walked into that classroom, I could feel the love and warmth.  What a refreshing change from when I was a kid and my school had a rolling chalkboard and the teacher had a paddle by her desk!

I am sure the kid's don't realize how lucky they are to have such a wonderful classroom and school.  It made me think of the kid's around the world who would give anything just to attend school.

Looking at that classroom today made me realize just how lucky we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment