April 15, 2011

Hemex - Prescription Iron / Vitamin Pills

I called CVS today to pick up my prescription for Hemex which is an Iron / vitamin pill.  They said that they are out of the medication and that the manufacturer is so far behind with making the drug that they will not have any more until June!  WOW!

Thank G-D my doctor had some samples to give me but how unprofessional on the manufacturers part.  Also, the doctor said if I run out before they can get more, I can take over the counter Iron pills - but they make my stomach hurt, a lot!

What if this would've been my chemo meds, my Hydroxyurea?  It makes me wonder and it makes me feel more than a little bit nervous!

Other than this, I am taking all my meds, on time and every day.  All the meds make me very tired and I am still feeling a lot of pins and needle sensations and they're always on my left side.

Busy getting ready for Passover in our house, it's so crazy the amount of stuff that has to be done for eight days!  One of the best things about the prep for the holiday is that, if your like me, a procrastinator - you have no choice, you have to do your Spring cleaning.   =)

I hope everyone is doing well -

Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment