April 27, 2011

High Blood Pressure & Paresthesia (Pins and Needles)

At my last appointment with the hematologist/oncologist my blood pressure was high. Not sure why, I have never had high blood pressure before. The doctor said that high blood pressure could be caused by many things: how much water and salt you have in your body, the condition of your kidneys, nervous system, or blood vessels, the levels of different body hormones, weight, etc. I checked my blood pressure today and it was fine so hopefully it was just a one time thing.

I am also experiencing Parenthesis (pins and needles) sensations again, always in my left arm. I am taking my meds everyday so I am not sure why I am still experiencing these sensations. Sometimes, it feels like little bugs are crawling under my skin - UGH!

I have an appointment with the doctor during the first week of May. I will post an update after my appointment.

I hope everyone is doing well.

- Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment